Sentara RMH Wound Healing Center
The team at Sentara RMH Wound Healing Center is made up of experts that care for people whose wounds have resisted traditional treatment.
Our center is staffed with a unique team of doctors, nurses, and technicians that are dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The causes of wounds are complex, and our group represents expertise in all of the major areas necessary to handle your varied circumstances and challenges. Whatever it takes for healing to occur, we’re equipped and staffed to make it happen.
Wounds We Treat
The Sentara Wound Healing Center treats a variety of wounds, including:
- Arterial and venous ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Traumatic wounds
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Minor burns
- Connective tissue disorders
- Auto-immune-related wounds
- Cancer-related wounds
- Any chronic wound that has not healed or is not anticipated to heal by at least 40 percent in four weeks
Your Treatment Plan
We provide an aggressive care plan that focuses on the cause of the wound, any co-existing conditions you may have (such as diabetes), and wound healing using:
- Wound evaluation and ongoing assessments
- Specialty wound dressing
- Skin substitutes
- Compression therapy
- Wound cultures and biopsies
- Treatment of wound, skin and bone infections
- Off-loading device and total contact casting
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Multi-disciplinary/specialty physician panel with a collaborative approach to healing chronic and complex wounds through ongoing medical surveillance reviews and quality monitoring
When to Seek Treatment
Call us or ask your doctor about visiting our Wound Healing Center if:
- You have a wound that hasn’t healed in 30 days (commonly experienced by people with diabetes)
- You have a sore with increased redness, swelling or pain, foul odor, or a change in color
- You have a surgical wound that has become infected.
How to Start
Your physician can refer you to the Sentara RMH Wound Healing Center or you can self-refer. For more information or to make an appointment, please call 540-689-2100.
Planning a visit to Sentara RMH? Take a tour of our campus before you come.
Talk to Us
Sentara RMH appreciates your feedback.
Sign up for updates and news from Sentara RMH!
Enter your email address below to receive health and news updates from RMHOnline.com!