For a one-time-only cost of $10 per individual and $15 per couple, you can join the RMH Senior Advantage program, providing you with a VIP ticket to:
Receive a special invitation to regularly scheduled programs on maintaining an active, independent lifestyle as you age.
- Exclusively for Senior Advantage members.
- Presented by physicians and other health and wellness professionals.
- Programs offered in Harrisonburg and Timberville.
Take advantage of special opportunities to participate in a variety of free health screenings that can alert you to potential health concerns before they become serious health risks. Screenings offered include:
- Blood pressure
- Bone density
- Depression, and more
Connect with other adults who share an interest in health and wellness.
- In The Loop
Walking program, offering exercise and a chance to meet new people.
- Senior Dining
- Each Thursday in the RMH Mountain View Café, 4-6 p.m.
- Delicious meal for just $6.49.
- Buy ten meals, your eleventh meal is free!
- Breakfast Club
Meets monthly at local restaurants for breakfast and conversation.
- Biscuits and Bingo
Monthly at Chic-fil-A
Services and programs to help keep you independent include:
- Aging Gracefully Conference
- AARP Safe Driving Class
- Educational offerings, including:
- Fall prevention
- Healthy eating
- Financial planning
- Computer classes on Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Internet and E-mail
- Sleep disturbances
- Energy conservation
- Living with arthritis, and more!
Stay in the loop
As a Senior Advantage member, you will receive:
- Special announcements of hospital events, screenings and other programs of special interest to you;
- Free subscription to HealthQuest, RMH’s quarterly magazine, and free medical staff directory.
Save with special discounts
Special discounts exclusive to members of the Senior Advantage program include:
- 10% discount at RMH Gifts and Floral;*
- 50% off Lifeline installation fee, a personal emergency response system offered through RMH;
- 50% off on RMH Wellness Center enrollment fee (membership includes personal assessment and individualized fitness program);**
- Free one week guest pass to RMH Wellness Center;
- A booklet of five guest passes to the RMH Wellness Center for $35! A $75 value;
- Free Senior Dining meal after purchasing ten meals.
Additional discounts will be added to the program periodically. Please call for more information.
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not available with other offers.
For current listing of events call the Senior Advantage Program Hotline 540-437-7970.