About Sentara RMH Medical Center
Sentara RMH Medical Center began as Rockingham Memorial Hospital in 1912. Serving a seven-county area with a population of close to 218,000, the 238-bed community hospital partnered with the Sentara Healthcare system in May of 2010.
Sentara is a 125 year old not-for-profit system that operates more than 100 sites of care throughout Virginia and North Carolina, including 11 acute care hospitals: seven in Hampton Roads, one in Northern Virginia, two in the Blue Ridge region, and one in southern Virginia. For more than 10 years, Modern Healthcare magazine has ranked Sentara Healthcare as one of the nation’s top integrated healthcare systems.
Sentara RMH Medical Center serves a seven-county area with a population of close to 218,000. We admit more than 19,000 inpatient and observation patients, nearly 241,000 outpatients and deliver close to 1,700 babies annually. Sentara RMH averages more than 11,500 surgical procedures annually, and the Sentara RMH Hahn Cancer Center provides more than 17,500 cancer treatments per year. The Emergency Department is one of the busiest in the state, treating more than 71,000 patients per year.
Community wellness and outreach are the primary cornerstones of the overall mission of Sentara RMH Medical Center. Below is a listing of just some of the comprehensive services we offer:
- Heart and Vascular Center: a comprehensive program offering cardiothoracic surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, heart disease prevention and screening programs.
- Hahn Cancer Center: Providing the latest technologies in cancer-fighting care, medical and radiation oncology, palliative care, counseling and nutrition services
- Orthopedics and Sports Medicine: Joint replacement surgery, spine surgery, sports medicine, concussion programs, rehabilitation
- Funkhouser Women’s Center: Digital mammography, bone health and heart health screening programs. Also home to the clinic for our breast surgeon and breast health navigators.
- Behavioral Health, individual and family therapy, addiction services, partial hospitalization program, bereavement
- Center for Sleep Medicine, fully accredited, offering diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders
- Family Birthplace, offering comfortable, extra-large birthing rooms, birthing classes, Doula program, nurse home visits, lactation consultation
- Image Recovery Center, restoring cancer patients' appearances
- Imaging Services
- Inpatient Physicians, providing inpatient care for patients whose primary care physicians do not admit to the hospital
- Rehab Services, physical, occupational, and speech therapy in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Wellness Center, a premier fitness facility
We invite you to explore this Web site and learn more about Sentara RMH Medical Center.